- the beginning of everything states,
 - Israel's flight from Egypt relates.
 - records the Jewish God-giv'n laws
 - the Israelites' numbers, also their flaws.
 - the last words of Moses scan.
 - the grand taking of the promised land.
 - highlights Deliverers God sends to save,
 - heralds David's Moabite ancestor, brave.
 - paints King Saul's reign, David's to come,
 - David's and Solomon's Kingdom.
 - shows the split to Judah and Israel,
 - narrates how both to captivity fell.
 - details hist'ry of David's reign,
 - Judah's till captivity came.
 - the rebuilding of the Temple recalls,
 - likewise for Jerusalem's walls.
 - a Jewish Queen in Persia, saves the Jews.
 - needs all his righteousness to withstand bad news.
 - hymns and pray'rs to God, provide inspiration.
 - gives words of pure wisdom from Solomon.
 - "the teacher's" words on life,
Song Of Solomon
 - love songs, future man and wife.
 - prophet, gives Jews Messianic hope,
 - warns them, in vain, of end of rope;
 - come from him when his words come true,
 - visions give hope to captive few.
 - visions show future, from Babylon,
 - whore-wife mirrors Judah's deception.
 - the coming of God's Spirit, last days,
 - shepherd-prophet, rebukes Israel's ways.
 - prophesies Edom's destruction,
 - runs from call; gets whale of a reception.
 - sees man, end-times, head Jerusalem's way,
 - foretells God's wrath/judgement on Nineveh.
 - wonders why evil's unchecked, and prays,
 - warns Judah of judgement, gives praise.
 - words the rebuilding of the Temple paved,
 - says Jerusalem will be saved.
 - warns Elijah will again be sent,
These the thirty-nine books of the Old Testament.